Last Sunday, barely anyone knew about any plans for changes to the whitewater course at Holme Pierrepont. If they did, they mostly thought it was a vague concept that wouldn’t happen for ages.
But quite a lot can happen in seven days.
Over the last week:
- 521 people have pledged their support for a deep water course and full consultation.
- 377 of these people are BCU members, smashing our goal of 280.
- The users’ group has put together a full report on what the course means for recreational paddlers, rafters, playboaters, Wild Water Racers and Whitewater safety and rescue training.
- We’ve sent this report to the BCU in lieu of an invite to today’s meeting over the course’s future.
- The BCU have scheduled consultation meetings on 18th August and 3rd September.
We’re waiting eagerly for the BCU to publish details from today’s meeting to let everyone know what’s happening. As soon as they do, I’ll post it up here.